Some users of WhatsApp, the most popular messaging platform in Nigeria, wants to hide their presence from other users but don’t know HOW. NewsWireNGR has the answer for you.
With a few tweaks to your WhatsApp app settings, you can make the app not report you to people monitoring you whenever you are online.
To hide when you are online, follow these steps:
- Launch WhatsApp
- If Android, find the ‘Settings’ option, or just hit the ‘Settings’ toggle located bottom left
- If iOS, go to ‘Account’, locate ‘Privacy’
- Find ‘Status’
- Select ‘Only Share With…’ and DON’T select any contacts, meaning your status will appear blank to everyone
- Head back to ‘Account’ and unselect Read Receipts to hide the fact you’ve read people’s messages
- In the ‘Privacy’ section you can also change who sees your ‘Live Location’ (which tracks your movements), your ‘Profile photo’ and your ‘About’ section
Congrats! You are now offline and no eagle eye can find you.