Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu has advised Nigerians to seek divine intervention for the country against its security challenges.
This was disclosed by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Alhaji Abubakar Dakingari in a statement on Monday.
Dakingari spoke on behalf of the Governor, when Bugudu hosted top government functionaries, members of the judiciary, legislature and executive to a Ramadan Iftar (Ramadan Breakfast) at Government House, Birnin Kebbi.
The governor said it is important for humans to seek repentance in order to ease their life and hereafter.
He appealed to the citizens to believe in the Buhari-led administration’s resolve to make the country a better place for all.
“I want to emphasise the need for collective and individual supplication towards eliminating problems that engulfed our dear nation.
“I also want to affirm the commitment of incumbent administration to uplift the condition of living of both urban and rural dwellers and I pray God Almighty to shower His blessings on us all,” he said.
The Chief Whip of Kebbi State House of Assembly, Mahmud Tukur-Shanga on behalf of other members of the assembly, reaffirmed the resolve of the house to work with the executive to develop the state.
Tukur-Shanga acknowledged the efforts of the governor in implementing developmental schemes designed to enhance the wellbeing of the people.
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu
- Insecurity: PDP Governors to meet in Oyo State