Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian Singer Chidinma Ekile also known as Ms. Kedike has announced her rebrand as a gospel artist.
Chidinma made the announcement as she celebrates her 30th birthday.
On her Instagram post, she declared herself “A CRUSADER OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.”
NewsWireNGR also observed that the singer has deleted all previous posts on her instagram account with over 7 million followers, posting only her brand new gospel content.
To launch her rebrand into christian music, she partnered with Christinan music label, Ezee Concepts to release a new single “Jehovah Overdo”. The record label also has popular gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo on the bill.
In 2010, Chidinma rose to prominence after she won the Project Fame West Africa as a 19-year-old. Afterward, she released her debut single, ‘Jankoliko’ featuring veteran star, Sound Sultan.
She then signed to iLLBliss and Clarence Peters‘ record label, Capital Hill/Goretti Company and became a West African sensation with the single, ‘Kedike.’ She also released other singles like ‘Emi Ni Baller,’ which won Best Video at the 2014 Headies.
At the 2012 edition of the KORA Awards, Chidinma won Best Female West African Act. She was also nominated for Best Female Act at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards.
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu
- Insecurity: PDP Governors to meet in Oyo State
- ‘I challenge anybody to prove that I acquired property with government funds’ – Okorocha