Estimated Reading Time: 1
At least 13 persons have been feared killed following an attack by armed herders in Tse-Angbem community close to Aondoana in Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State.
According to local residents, the attackers burnt down the houses in the community in the early Monday morning attack.
Chairman of Gwer West Local Government Area, Grace Igbabon, confirmed the casualty figure on Monday.
The attack left many wounded while the survivors have been displaced and are now taking refuge in Aondoana town.
The Police Spokesperson in the state, DSP Sewuese Anene confirmed the attack but said details concerning those who perpetrated the attacks, number of casualties, those wounded and the extend of the damage at the community, is still unknown.
Gwer West, Agatu, Makurdi, and Guma Local Government areas have witnessed series of attacks in the last three weeks where over seventy persons have been killed by suspected herdsmen.
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest