Estimated Reading Time: 1
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has ordered a total shutdown of the entire ‘Biafraland’ on May 30.
Kanu disclosed this in a statement released by the spokesman of the proscribed group, Emma Powerful on Sunday.
“We the global family of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) ably led by our prophet and liberator of our time, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, wish to announce to the public and Biafrans both home and abroad, that the annual anniversary of our fallen heroes and heroines will be on Sunday, 30th of May 2021,” Kanu said in the statement.
“As usual, there will be total lock down of the entire Biafraland on that day. There will be sit-at- home across Biafraland, Lagos, Abuja as well as northern towns with reasonable Biafran population.”
According to the statement, Kanu urged Biafra members residing in over 100 countries around the world and Christians in the northern region to join the shutdown to condole with the slain members of the group.
“The sit-at-home order is also to be observed in all the markets within and outside Biafraland where our people do their businesses. It shall also be observed by Diasporan Biafrans in the over 100 countries with the IPOB family is present,” the statement added.
“We equally request our fellow comrades in Yoruba, Middle Belt and other Christians living in the far North to solidarise with us in the event as we honour all those who have paid the supreme price in our struggle for total freedom.”
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka
- “The President condones these criminals” – Reactions as Buhari appeals to terrorists to release abducted Nigerians
- Just In: Terrorists have attacked and kidnapped nearly 100 people in Niger State
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked