Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai was conspicuously absent from The Platform, an annual conference organised by the Senior Pastor of the Covenant Christian Centre, Lagos, Poju Oyemade.
The Governor had been invited to speak on the theme “Is Devolution of Powers The Solution To Nigeria’s Problems” alongside Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi; Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Matthew Kukah; former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka; ex-President of Nigerian Bar Association, Olisa Agbakoba, and others.
However, the invitation did not go down well with Nigerians who questioned the integrity of the program as well the sensitivity of having the rather controversial Governor on the bill. They cited the fact that last August, the Nigerian Bar Association had withdrawn its invitation to El-Rufai, following protests by lawyers who cited his alleged poor human rights record and his inability to stop the killings, particularly in southern Kaduna.
NewsWireNGR however noticed that The Governor was absent at The Platform on Saturday even as other guest speakers who could not be physically present, participated virtually.
As at the filing of this report, the organisers of The Platform did not give any reason why El-Rufai was not present at the event.
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu