Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Governor Ben Ayade backed security outfit “Operation Akpakwu” have arrested a traditional ruler and two members of his family for suspected kidnapping.
Two houses belonging to the suspect were also demolished early this week, with the security operatives accusing the suspect of using the place as a shrine to fortify other kidnappers.
The outfit gave the name of the arrested suspect as Etinyin Akamba Eyo, a.k.a 30:30, who is the Clan Head of Ikot Atambi in Akpabuyo local government area of the state.
Henry Okokon, Security Adviser, South, to the Cross River Governor who led the operation said the chief has confessed to being responsible for some of the high profile kidnappings in Akpabuyo.
The aide to the governor added that the state has been made uncomfortable for criminal elements no matter how highly placed they are.
“We will not tolerate criminality in the state, and this is an example that no matter how big you think you are, the law will catch up with you.” He said.
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”
- Cheta Nwanze: Quick reaction to Buhari’s new security measures for the South-East/South-South
- Governor Obaseki dissolves AAU’s governing council