Estimated Reading Time: <1
A family of eight, including a nursing mother abducted in Oyo State have regained their freedom.
NewsWireNGR had reported that the victims, identified as Mr Olukunle Oyedokun, his wife, Juliana and six others were kidnapped at a hotel in Ajaawa, Ogbomoso in Ogo Oluwa Local Government Area of Oyo State on Saturday.
Their abductors had demanded the sum of N32 million as ransom.
The victims were released shortly after an undisclosed amount of money was paid to the kidnappers.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Oyo State Command, Mr Adewale Osifeso, confirmed their release in a terse statement, “Yes, they have been released, please,” he said.
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’