Estimated Reading Time: 1
The police command in the federal capital territory (FCT) says there is no attack by bandits on the University of Abuja (UniAbuja) as rumoured in some quarters.
According to NAN, Mariam Yusuf, the command’s spokesperson, broke the news in a statement on Tuesday.
Yusuf said the clarification followed purported reports in some sections of social media that the institution was attacked by bandits.
“The command wishes to debunk the viral message in some sections of the social media purporting that the University of Abuja has been attacked by bandits. We wish to state categorically that there is no record of such incident as at 2200hrs of Tuesday,” the statement read.
“The public are therefore enjoined to disregard the message which is not only mischievous but intended to cause tension amongst residents.”
The police spokesperson said Bala Ciroma, the commissioner of police in charge of the FCT, had directed uninterrupted patrols around schools within the territory.
Yusuf enjoined residents to remain calm, laws abiding, and verify every information they received to avoid causing panic in the public.
She reaffirmed the undeterred resolve by the command to protect lives and property within the FCT.
Yusuf also urged residents to report all suspicious movements, emergency, or distress to the command through 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, 08028940883.
She said the conduct of police officers could be reported to the Public Complaints Bureau (PCB) through 09022222352.
- Just In: Army arrests 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Kano
- Miyetti Allah Chairman regains freedom
- For Eid-el-Fitr, Buhari plans modest celebration within Aso Rock
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money