Estimated Reading Time: 1
Terrorists operating in the Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger state, have reportedly invaded Chiri Boda and Fuka communities where they abducted 35 persons and rusted cattle.
Muhammad Awaisu Wana, the Chairman, Niger Concern Citizens, disclosed to journalists in Minna, the Niger State capital, that many residents fled to the nearby forests after the attackers stormed the area on Saturday.
He said only small fractions of the local government is not in the hands of the terrorists who were estimated to be in hundreds. According to him, 10 of the 15 local government wards are under their control.
“The five wards that are not under bandits’ control are Gusoro Zumba, Bongajiya, Bina, Sheyi lapa and Ubandoma and they are mostly occupied by the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) from various wards seeking refuge,” he said.
He stated that the number of displaced persons who have currently trooped to other towns are about 80,000.
Wana called for a quick intervention of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to supply those IDPs with the necessary support to ameliorate their hardship.
He also called on the Federal Government to, return the IDPs back to their homes before the beginning of the rainy season.
When contacted by Humangle, Wasiu Abiodun, the Niger State Police command’s Public Relations Officer, said he would get back to comment on the issue as of the time of filing this report.
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student