Estimated Reading Time: 1
Unidentified gunmen have reportedly abducted no fewer than 18 passengers in a commercial bus in the Ibarapa area of Oyo State.
NewsWireNGR learnt that the passengers were travelling to Oyo State from Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State before they were ambushed by the assailants.
The Secretary Farmers Union in Ibarapa, Taiwo Adeagbo, confirmed that the incident happened on Thursday morning.
He said kidnapping had become almost a daily occurrence in the area saying some residents were collaborating with outsiders to perpetrate the crime.
He said, “The bus is still beside the road there between Eruwa and Igboora. I have told the police, I told our senator and others. I am saddened by these happenings.”
The Convener of Igangan Development Advocates, Oladiran Oladokun, also confirmed the development.
- Just In: Army arrests 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Kano
- Miyetti Allah Chairman regains freedom
- For Eid-el-Fitr, Buhari plans modest celebration within Aso Rock
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money