Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ada Jesus, a Nigerian comedienne, has passed away after a protracted battle with kidney disease.
Harrison Gwamnishu, an activist who has been spearheading the campaign for her recovery, broke the news in a short post on his Instagram page on Wednesday.
“Thank you everyone. Rest in Power Mercy Nmesoma Nnadi @adajesuscomedy,” he wrote.
Ada Jesus whose real name is Mmesoma Mercy Obi suffered a cardiac arrest on Tuesday night, April 20, and was rushed to the ICU where the doctors monitored her.
She had been battling with kidney disease for months but when her health took a turn for the worse, she went to ask for forgiveness from those she had spoken against in the past, including the popular Pastor, Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanemere Odumejeje, and actress Rita Edochie. She also visited some traditional worshipers.
Odumejeje’s and Rita Edochie’s initial refusal to forgive her got the attention of well-meaning Nigerians who decided to take care of her medical bills so that she can get dialysis.
Her health which was said to have improved, took a different turn last night until she breathed her last.
Human rights activist, Gwamnishu, who offered to help her get proper medical care celebrated the day for her on her hospital bed.
A while back, Ada Jesus had accused Edochie and Prophet Odumeje of performing fake miracles. The incident has been linked to her protracted illness.
After some back and forth, Odumeje and Edochie came forward to say they have forgiven her. Pastor Odumeje further offered her some money for her treatment.
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka