Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has requested the Senate to approve Hon. Justice Salisu Garba for appointment as the acting Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), High Court.
Senate President Ahmad Lawan read Buhari’s letter of request on the floor during plenary.
Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Hon. Justice Tanko Muhammad, had in January 2021, swore-in Justice Garba as acting CJ of FCT High Court.
This was necessitated by the retirement of Justice Ishaq Bello as CJ of the FCT High Court.
Garba hails from Malumfashi Local Government Area of Katsina State.
He was called to bar in 1984 and completed his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in 1985.
Garba was appointed as Magistrate in FCT in 1989.
He became the Chief Registrar of the FCT High Court in 1997. He was appointed a Judge of the FCT High Court in 1998.
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja