Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kano Pillars has announced that its new high-profile signing, Super Eagles captain, Ahmed Musa will miss most of the club’s away game in the Nigeria Professional Football League.
The second stanza of the league is set to begin on April 28.
The signing of Musa, Super Eagles Captain elicited excitement among fans of the domestic league, but NewsWireNGR has learnt that the former Leicester City forward told the club’s management in clear terms that he would not be available for away games.
Chairman of the club, Surajo Yahaya confirmed that report that the star will miss majority of the team’s away games but he will play their home games.
“Ahmed Musa is a big player and at the moment we know the economic situation of the country and the bad roads in some regions. He is going to honour all our home matches and if there is an available flight in the state we have an away game, then he is going to attend,” Yahaya said as quoted by The PUNCH.
“He did not say that he’s totally going to be unavailable for our games on the road, but he is going to attend those matches by flight, but for the games that are close by, like a game at Katsina or Bauchi, he is ready to go. But we need to provide good facilities for him,” Yahaya added.
With the latest development, Musa is expected to make his debut for Pillars on May 5, when the Sai Masu Gida welcome Enyimba.
He’ll miss the team’s next two games against Warri Wolves and Plateau United.
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”
- Cheta Nwanze: Quick reaction to Buhari’s new security measures for the South-East/South-South
- Governor Obaseki dissolves AAU’s governing council