Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday hosted his Nigerien counterpart, Mohamed Bazoum, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The visiting Nigerien leader, who is on two-day official visit to Nigeria, was received by President Buhari at the forecourt of the Villa at about 1.22p.m.
Among those who joined the president to welcome Bazoum are the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Muhammed Bello and some presidential aides.
The governors of Sokoto, Borno, Yobe, Kebbi and Zamfara states were also at the villa to welcome Bazoum.
Bazoum was sworn in on 2 April for the first five-year term as President of Niger Republic.
His inauguration marked the first successful transfer of power from outgoing president to an elected Nigerien leader since the country’s independence in 1960.
The two West African leaders went into closed doors bilateral talks immediately after the brief welcoming ceremony.
NAN gathered that Bazoum, 61, would also be hosted to a private breaking of fast by President Buhari at about 6.50p.m
President Buhari had earlier received briefing from Vice-President Osinbajo before the arrival of the Nigerien President.
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student