Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen numbering about 20 in the early hours of Monday attacked the Zonal Police Headquarters, Zone13, Ukpo, Anambra State.
They razed some offices and scores of vehicles during the attack – A police officer, who pleaded anonymity, told Punch Newspaper that hoodlums were rebuffed from getting into the armory department of the place.
He said, “Our men prevented them from having ingress into our armoury. I can’t tell you the number of casualties now because we have scanty information about the development.”
A bystander said there was heavy gunshots before the offices and vehicles were set ablaze –
NewsWireNGR recalls that, a few weeks ago, gunmen also razed the Imo State Police Command headquarters and burnt almost all the vehicles parked at the command’s headquarters. No fewer than 50 cars were set ablaze in the process.
They also attacked the Nigerian Correctional Services and the police headquarters in Imo State, freeing 1,844 inmates, after which the hoodlums set the facilities ablaze.
- Just In: Army arrests 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Kano
- Miyetti Allah Chairman regains freedom
- For Eid-el-Fitr, Buhari plans modest celebration within Aso Rock
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money