Estimated Reading Time: 1
Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari is tolerating Nigerians and is lenient enough to accept the “rubbish” some civilian president could not.
Masari spoke in an interview with Television Continental (TVC) shared in a short clip on Sunday.
The Buhari-led administration has come under criticism over allegations that he has not bettered the lives of Nigerians and he has also failed to implement his campaign promises.
The recent inflation figure of 18.17% has been fingered as a highlight of the administration’s failure.
But when quizzed if the party of the President, All Progressives Congress (APC), is threatened by these grievances, Masari confidently replied that the APC remains the party to beat in the country.
He added that the recent revalidation and membership exercise of the party was another strong indication that the party is doing well.
“Anybody saying the rating of a particular political party has gone down… it can only be tested during elections. And from what we have seen in the (APC) revalidation of new members, I think you are getting it wrong,” the governor said.
“I think APC is still the strongest, most reliable and dependable party in Nigeria today. (And) I don’t think Buhari has failed us. I think he has tolerated us.
“And you know we had a president, even though a civilian president, who couldn’t take all this rubbish that some people are doing. But he (Buhari) is taking everything.”
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student