Estimated Reading Time: 1
An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River along Akure-Ondo road in Ondo State, authorities and multiple eyewitness accounts confirm to NewsWireNGR.
According to an eyewitness account, the bus was commuting from Ondo to Akure but lost control as a result of over speeding and fell off the bridge into the Owena river.
The Sector Commander of Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ondo State, Ahmed Hassan confirmed the incident to newsmen on Sunday shortly after the incident happened.
Hassan said that seven of the passengers have been rescued and taken to the hospital.
He added that the number of casualties is yet to be ascertained as men of the corps are still battling to rescue the victims. It was also gathered that those rescued have been taken to the nearby hospital for medical attention.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds