Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Ministry Of Water Resources has drilled 14 solar-powered boreholes across nine Local Government Areas in Katsina State.
This according to the government is to address the water shortage and reduce the spread of Covid-19 amongst people in the benefiting communities.
The Northwest Zonal Coordinator of the project, Sanusi Mai-Afu during the training on operation and maintenance of the water supply facilities which were constructed under the National Wash Response to COVID-19 projects disclosed this.
Mai-Afu stressed the need for the benefiting communities to sustain the project and called on them to come together and contribute to the process of operation in order to maintain the facilities.
He said in the Northwest alone, the project covers Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, and Kaduna States adding that 75 percent of diseases are water-related.
“The facilities are now no longer the property of either the Federal or the Governments,” he added.
Channels Television reports that. the Executive Director of Katsina Rural, Urban Water Supply Scheme Agency (RUWASSA), Aminu Dayyabu Safana commended the effort of the Federal Ministry Of Water Resources for drilling the new boreholes to better the lives and enhance the health status of Katsina people.
He, however, called on the beneficiaries to form community committees aimed at saving all funds generated from the water users in their respective communities in order to sustain and maintain the facilities constructed.
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu