Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba has ordered the immediate-disbandment of the IGP Monitoring Satelite offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Speaking at his first meeting with Command Police Commissioners and zonal AIGs in Abuja on Thursday, Baba said the IGP Monitoring Units will be re-organised.
He said the monitoring teams were disbanded over frequent complaints of harassment against the officers as well as the proliferation of such units.
These activities of the units he said, were bringing huge embarrassments to the force.
The commission Chairman, Musiliu Smith, said there must be proper and close monitoring of police investigative units to stem the atrocities its officials committed in the line of duty.
The retired IGP had also stressed the need to quickly treat cases of misconduct by the officers “so that those found wanting are brought to book”.
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka
- “The President condones these criminals” – Reactions as Buhari appeals to terrorists to release abducted Nigerians
- Just In: Terrorists have attacked and kidnapped nearly 100 people in Niger State