Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have attacked another community in Ebonyi state. According to the commissioner of police; Aliyu Garba, fatalities were said to have been recorded in the attack but the number is yet to be ascertained.
The attack took place hours after the governors of the south-east region announced the formation of a joint security outfit, codenamed ‘Ebube Agu’.
The governors had converged in Owerri, the Imo state capital, on Sunday, to discuss the rising wave of insecurity in the region.
The Ebonyi police commissioner said the latest attack took place in Ebele village, Umuogodo Akpu, Mgbo in Ohaukwu LGA.
He said: “On the effects of Sunday attack, it is yet to be ascertained. We are yet to get any report from there and I have not been around. I am waiting for the report.’’
Stanley Okoro-Emegha, Ebonyi commissioner for internal security and border peace, also confirmed the attack.
He said: “They said it was communal crisis, while others said it was herdsmen who carried out the attack, but we do not know the people behind the attack yet.
“We cannot say exactly what happened although we heard about the attack this morning (Monday).
“Nobody has called to say somebody died or property destroyed, but we shall find out. Right now, we do not know who is responsible.”
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds