Estimated Reading Time: 1
Emmanuel Naibei of Kenya has emerged champion of the 2021 Lagos City Marathon in the male category.
Deresa Geleta of Ethiopia finished second, while Demiso Gudeta also of Ethiopia is third.
In the same vein, Meseret Dinke of Ethiopia is the women’s champion of the 2021 Lagos City Marathon.
Second position for the women is Celestine Jepchirchir of kenya, while in third place is Desta Muluneh of Ethiopia.
About 300 athletes took part in this year’s marathon due to the challenges of the corona virus pandemic.
This year’s race is also a Tokyo Olympic qualifying event
The strong field of domestic and foreign elite runners raised the expectation of a record breaking race in terms of time returned
The athletes who began the race at 6.30 this morning in front of the Lagos National Stadium ended the race at the Eko Atlantic City in Victoria Island
The qualifying time for the Olympic Games was 2 hours 11 minutes
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom