Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have razed the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area Divisional Police Headquarters in Imo State.
Multiple sources say, the gunmen broke into the station on Tuesday evening, shooting sporadically before burning the facility.
It was learnt that the armed men operated unchallenged for more than 45 minutes- Like the Police headquarters attacked two days ago, they also freed all the suspects in detention before setting the police divisional headquarters ablaze.
This comes a day after gunmen attacked a correctional facility in Owerri, Imo State, freeing some inmates.
The armed men used guns and dynamites and also attacked the State Police Headquarters.
Meanwhile, Rauf Aregbesola, minister of interior, says the fugitives who escaped from the custodial centre in Owerri, Imo state capital, will be pardoned if they voluntarily return.
The minister gave the assurance while inspecting the centre on Tuesday following an attack on the facility.
He said unlawful escape from custody is a crime but assured that willful returnees will be exempted from prosecution.
The minister said he will ensure that those involved in the attack are brought to book.
Aregbesola said the federal government will leave no stone unturned to fish out perpetrators.
He said: “Unlawful escape from custody is a crime but government in its magnanimity will grant amnesty to prisoners who willfully return.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t