Estimated Reading Time: 1
The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) has announced the commencement of an indefinite strike.
Anderson Ezeibe, President of the union, announced this at a press briefing in Abuja on Tuesday morning.
He said members of the union have agreed to shut all the Nigerian Polytechnics until their demands are met.
Earlier on Monday, an emergency meeting had been scheduled for Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 11am.
A statement by the Director of Press in the Federal Ministry of Education, Ben Bem Goong, on Monday, titled, “Education Minister invites ASUP to Emergency Meeting,” said the invitation followed the threat by ASUP to embark on another round of strikes
Details later. .
- NLC vows to shut down Kaduna over workers sack
- President Buhari has departed Abuja for Paris, France
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states