Estimated Reading Time: 1
Yet to be indentified Gunmen have reportedly attacked Njaba local government secretariat in Imo on Monday. Doors, windows and vehicles on the premises were reported damaged in the attack. NewsWireNGR also gathered that Military checkpoints along Onitsha Road, and another around Ugwu Orji in Owerri North local government area, were also set ablaze.
The attack have been linked to previous attacks on Imo police HQ and the Owerri prison early Monday in which more than 1500 inmates were freed.
The Acting Controller-General of Corrections, John Mrabure has ordered a comprehensive investigation into the incident and in collaboration with other security organizations, commenced a search and recover operations to recapture the fleeing inmates.
He equally directed all officers attached to custodial facilities to “remain vigilant at this trying moment in our history”, said Francis Enobore, public relations officer of NCoS.
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies