Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has assured that the ongoing Lagos-Badagry Expressway rehabilitation/reconstruction project was not forgotten but on the 2021 Sukuk funding priority list.
Mr Fashola gave the assurance in Lagos on Saturday during an inspection tour of road projects in the state.
He said that major drainage works were ongoing and progressing to upgrade the highway from its old status to ensure durable construction, saying that funding challenges were being resolved.
“Lagos-Badagry Expressway is the real challenge. Again it is funding.
“We are owing the contractor. That is why I said if we can expand the Sukuk this year, we are going to look at a few more roads to add into it.
“If we succeed Lagos-Badagry Expressway is one of the top roads we are pencilling down for the Sukuk in 2021.
“If that happens, then the contractor will do his work but I think it is important to help us communicate to the people who use that axis that they are not forgotten.
“Work has started. There was a time when there was no contractor there, so, there is now a contractor,’’ Mr Fashola said.
According to him, that is the first step to progress to show that they are not forgotten.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer