Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has said that the intelligence report it gathered indicated that the Alpha Jet aircraft (NAF475) that went off the radar with two crew members on board on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 might have crashed
NAF, however, said the cause of the crash as well as the whereabouts of the two pilots remain unknown.
The pilots are Flight Lieutenant John Abolarinwa and Flight Lieutenant Ebiakpo Chapele.
A statement issued by the Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, on Friday, said extensive search and rescue efforts were still ongoing by NAF surveillance aircraft as well as NAF Special Forces and Nigerian Army troops on ground.
“At this point, the NAF is not ruling out anything regarding the incident. It however remains hopeful that the crew would soon be found and rescued,” Gabkwet added.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer