Estimated Reading Time: 2
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has condemned the attack on Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, one of the party’s aspirants for the November 6, 2021, Anambra governorship election.
APGA National Chairman, Edozie Njoku, while describing the attack as a strange development, said the attack did not align with the ideological foundation of the party. He appealed for calm among the party members.
According to him, “I have just been briefed about the ugly incident that happened a few hours ago at Isuofia, the hometown of Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, a member of our great party who intends to contest for the Governorship of Anambra State; in the forthcoming Anambra governorship election slated for November 6, 2021, in our Party All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).
“The entire APGA family and Ndigbo, in general, condemn this strange development in the strongest terms. We condole with the families of the police officers that lost their lives in active service. We condole with the IG of police whose men have come under severe attacks of late. We also send our warmest concerns to the family of Soludo and all those that witnessed this dastardly act.
“I shall be addressing our indefatigably and undaunted party men and women in few days to come. We must not relent in cleansing our party of men and women who trade with the collective will and aspiration of our people.
“We wish to encourage the Nigerian Police to do everything within its powers to commence full investigation so as to unravel those behind this nightmare.” “However, it is pertinent to state unequivocally; that acts of violence of this nature are strange to the ideological foundation of APGA. They are unnatural and a total deviation from the ideals that we propagate as a party and a people. It is alien to APGA.
“I wish to appeal for calm in all quarters. We shall call a meeting to address all internal party wrangling and squabbles. We must go into the coming Anambra election as one united, indivisible and impregnable family. May our eternal slogan of onye aghala nwanneya lead the way and lighten our path this Easter Season,” Njoku said.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami