Estimated Reading Time: 1
Unidentified gunmen have attacked the residence of former Sports Minister, Damishi Sango, in Plateau state.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the gunmen attacked the residence at Danwal, Ganawuri after Vom, in Riyom Local Government Area around 9:00pm on Wednesday night
According to reports, two security details and a boy were shot during the attack.
It was also learnt their rifles were carted away by the bandits.
Spokesman of the Plateau Police Command, ASP. Gabriel Ubah, confirmed the incident.
He said: “The Command is aware of the incident at Riyom and the victims have been rushed to the hospital where they are receiving treatment.
“I am not aware yet whether they were dispossessed of their rifles.
” A team of detectives and intelligence officers have already commenced investigation and manhunt for the criminals.”
He however assured the former Minister and his family are safe and unhurt.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t