Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian music entrepreneur, Michael Collins popularly called Don Jazzy has said he’s uncomfortable with Nigerians following foreign stars on social media while ignoring Nigerian celebrities.
The Mavin boss said he felt such people are not patriotic enough.
“Is it only me that feels somehow or some type of way if I am going through a Nigerian’s page and I see that we are not supporting our own celebrities?” he said in the video he shared on Instagram on Wednesday.
“For instance, if I see that you are not following a Tiwa Savage, a Chimamanda, Genevieve, Olamide, Davido but you are following Lori Harvey, Kim Kardashian and all those people wey no help us. I feel some type of way, it is like you are not patriotic.
“I am not ranting, I am just saying we should support each other. We should support our own.”
The post received commendation from celebrities and most of the fans who aired their opinion in the comment section.
Fellow entertainment entrepreneur, Ubi Franklin said “you are very right sir. they want to be seen as foreign” while Dr Sid said “Facts only”.
However, a fan lamented the celebrities do not deserve support because they do not follow back on their fans handles.
The fan, @Iamluchyyy wrote, “When they don’t follow back? Where is the support coming from? One side support? Ike Gwuru”
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems