Estimated Reading Time: 1
A total of 8 telephone numbers of the Nigeria High Commission in the UK have been unreachable for more than a week.
This has caused panic among the UK-based Nigerians who want to contact the commission to resolve issues like passport processing, renewal, among others.
TheCable reports that all the telephone lines of the commission as seen in its website were out-of-reach for the past one week.
“None of the five numbers listed for the immigration section, chancery, and consular services was reachable. Three other lines, including those for visa and general enquiries, also failed to connect,” the online media platform said.
“Some of the numbers were switched off, while those that are voicemail-based responded with the comment that no personnel was available to attend to the caller.”
An email sent to the commission was however replied and, the embassy claimed it has “continually answered all calls and responded to all emails as received”.
In another email sent to inquire why the telephone numbers of the high commission were unreachable, the commission responded saying: “all the lines are very active during working hours, however, you can send your request here”.
Subsequently, series of calls were put through to the eight telephone numbers during working hours — but it was to no avail.
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?