Estimated Reading Time: 1
Super Eagles player, Alex Iwobi has tested negative for COVID-19.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) announced this in a Short statement on Tuesday.
“Update: @NGSuperEagles forward, @alexiwobi has tested negative after further COVID-19 tests were conducted,” the NFF said in a tweet.
Recall that the Everton FC star missed Nigeria’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against the Benin Republic last Saturday after testing positive for the virus.
The 24-year-old immediately went into isolation and was replaced by Galatasaray’s Henry Onyekuru in the game that ended 1-0 in favour of the Eagles.
The NFF however did not disclose in the statement if the forward will feature in Tuesday’s match against Lesotho while will be played at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos on Tuesday.
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?