Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Tuesday travel to London, UK, for a medical check-up according to statement from the Presidency.
The Special adviser to the president on media and publicity, Mr Femi Adesina said the trip is strictly “routine”.
Since assumption into office, the President frequents the United Kingdom for medical treatments but since the start of the Covid-19 Pandemic, this is the first time he will be embarking on such trips.
“President Muhammadu Buhari will travel to London, the United Kingdom, Tuesday, March 30, 2021, for a routine medical check-up; Mr. Femi Adesina, the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, has announced.
“Before his departure, Buhari will meet with Security Chiefs first in the morning, then, head to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, for the journey.
“The President is due back in the country during the second week of April, 2021,” the statement read.
More details to follow..
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies