Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former Head of State, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar, and President Muhammadu Buhari, Friday met in Abuja.
The reason for their meeting was not disclosed, but it will not be unconnected with the security situations, economic hardship and other social maladies affecting the country.
Bashir Ahmad, Personal Assistant on New Media to the President disclosed this on his twitter handle. According to him: “President Muhammadu Buhari receives in audience former Head of State Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar (rtd) at the State House, Abuja.”
During his leadership, Nigeria adopted a modified version of the 1979 constitution, which provided for multiparty elections. He transferred power to president-elect Olusegun Obasanjo on 29 May 1999. He is the current Chairman of the National Peace Committee.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems