Estimated Reading Time: 1
The United States Government has warned Nigerians to be careful of a fraudulent “press release” claiming to offer work visa to Nigerians.
The US made the announcement Thursday morning in a Social media statement on its US Mission to Nigeria.
It added in the statement that the fraudulent work visa targeted at persons within the age of 40-55 is a recycled fraudulent scheme with a new packaging.
“Scammers and fraudsters are circulating a fake “press release” claiming to offer a new type of work visa to Nigerian citizens aged 40-55. It’s the same old scam, but in fresh packaging – don’t become a victim!”
The statement concludes with a sample of the fraudulent press release and directions to get legitimate information on getting a visa.
“If you have questions about whether visa information is legitimate, please refer only to official sources: https://t.co/UrlmAaIYJP, https://t.co/GD3pd7k0ZY, and https://t.co/K7rIrNsz6S.”
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies