Estimated Reading Time: 1
Unidentified gunmen have attacked a police patrol team at Ashaka, Ndokwa East Local Government Area, Delta State, stabbing an inspector to death, inflicting injuries on others and setting a patrol car ablaze.
The gunmen also dispossessed the police officers of some riffles and made away with them during the incident which occurred on Tuesday around one of the schools in the community according to Vanguard Newspaper.
“They rode on a motorcycle and attacked the patrol team,” – Though details of the attack were sketchy at press time, sources said the deceased police inspector simply identified as Mr. Musa was stabbed with a dagger by his assailants.
Police Public Relations Officer of the state command, Mr. Bright Edafe, confirmed the killing.
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka