Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina State government has ordered the reopening of 5 female boarding schools in the state and asked they resume day schooling
The directive was contained in a press statement signed by the spokesman to the state ministry of education, Mr. Sani Danjuma Suleiman, on Monday evening.
Recall that the Kaduna government directed schools in the state to be closed following the abduction of over 300 students of Government Science Secondary school, Kankara by terrorists.
The government had initially permitted the reopening of day schools after securing the release of the abducted boys.
It later allowed the reopening of boarding schools attended by boys only while stating that all-girls boarding schools should remain closed.
However, according to the latest statement, the five reopened boarding schools are: Government Unity Secondary School Malumfashi; SUNCAIS Katsina; Government Girls Secondary School Dutsin Safe Katsina; Government Girls Arabic Secondary School Dutsinma;Government School for the Deaf Malumfashi and Government School for the Blind Katsina.
The schools would resume on the 28th March this year.
Here’s the full statement:
RESUMPTION OF BOARDING STUDENTS TO SCHOOLS.
1. In line with the Katsina State policy on School’s resumption , His Excellency the Executive Governor of Katsina State, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari (CFR) has directed reopening of all Female Boarding Secondary Schools on Day System Basis to nearby Schools of their locations/residence on Wednesday 24th Match, 2021.
2. Similarly, the Government directed the re-opening of the following boarding Schools: Government Unity Secondary School Malumfashi; SUNCAIS Katsina; Government Girls Secondary School Dutsin Safe Katsina; Government Girls Arabic Secondary School Dutsinma;
Government School for the Deaf Malumfashi and
Government School for the Blind Katsina on Sunday 28th Match, 2021 for the continuation of 2020/2021 academic session.
3. Covid-19 protocols should strickly be adhered to by Students, Staff and Visitors.
Sani Danjuma Suleiman
Public Relations Officer
For:- Hon. Commissioner of Education
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence