Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Senate to confirm the appointment of Salamatu Suleiman, as Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission.
Buhari also sought the red chamber’s nod for 15 others including Mrs.Beatrice JD. Agba and Mr Soni Daniel, among others as members.
Buhari, according to a letter read on the floor by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, said the appointments were in pursuant to Section 2 (3) of the NHRC Act as amended.
More to follow.
- Blackout as National grid suffer another system collapse
- We must build a better Nigeria – Tinubu says in Eid message
- ‘We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities’ – President Buhari
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!