Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Northern Governors Forum NGF has condemned Saturday’s attack on Benue’s Governor Samuel Ortom’s motorcade by bandits as disturbing.
It would be recalled that bandits attacked Gov. Ortom’s motorcade on Saturday at Tyo-Mu community near Makurdi.
Chairman of the forum and governor of Plateau, Simon Lalong, said the incident must be investigated thoroughly.
Lalong said in a statement issued by his Director of Press and Public Affairs, Dr. Makut Macham in Jos that the attack was another attempt by criminals to cause mayhem in Benue and in the nation as a whole.
He tasked all relevant security agencies to conduct a thorough investigation to fish out those behind the attack and their sponsors
He commended security details attached to the governor for repelling the attack and securing Ortom and members of his entourage.
The chairman of the forum said that all hands must be on deck to address the lingering degeneration of security in the country as it threatened its corporate existence.
Lalong said governors in the northern part of Nigeria were in solidarity with their colleague and the entire people of Benue State.
He gave the assurance that they would continue to engage and support security agencies in their duty of securing the region and nation.
- Gunmen abduct Abia state university students
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students