Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have kidnapped a community leader in Imope, Ijebu-North Local Government Area of Ogun State, Tajudeen Omotayo, Channels Television reports
Omotayo, popularly called Oba Alade meta of Imope town, near Ijebu-Igbo, was kidnapped by gunmen on Saturday afternoon.
A source told the television channel that the victim was kidnapped by herdsmen on his way back home around 3:00 pm by unknown gunmen who accosted him at Oke-Eri of Imope and took him away leaving his vehicle on the road.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi also confirmed the incident to Channels TV on Monday.
“We are aware of the incident, we are on it. Our people are there, operatives of the Anti-kidnapping unit are there. The Area Commander, Ijebu-Ode is there. All the DPOs have been deployed to the place. We are working on it,” he stated.
- In Delta, Governor Okowa sacks commissioners, SSG, Chief of Staff, others
- Muhammadu Buhari: As governments struggled to contain COVID, jihadists have taken advantage in the Sahel
- SERAP wants Nasir El-rufai to “immediately end the growing crackdown on workers and protesters in his state”
- Just In: Buhari appoints Abubakar Fikpo as DG NDE
- COVID-19: NAFDAC approves Johnson & Johnson for emergency use
- Ayade finally approves the ‘appointment’ of magistrates unpaid for 2 years
- Kaduna State Government vows to dismiss workers who join NLC protest
- Naomi Campbell welcomes baby daughter at 50
- Nigeria Immigration Service formally suspends issuance of new passports
- Kaduna strike: Wabba dares El-Rufai; leads protest to state house