Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Governors Wives Forum has donated the sum of two hundred thousand naira cash assistance to two rape survivors in Zamfara state as part of its initiatives to improve women’s economic status.
A statement by the Press Secretary to the wife of Zamfara Governor Zainab Shu’aibu said the donation is part of the Nigerian Governors Wives Association fight Against Gender-Based Violence and other domestic violence in the country.
Presenting one hundred thousand naira cash assistance to each of the two beneficiaries, the wife of Zamfara State Governor, Aisha Bello Matawalle represented by the Commissioner of Women Affairs, Zainab Lawal Gumi commended the Nigerian Governors Wives Forum in its quest to stem the tide of Gender-based violence and other abuse on the right of women and girl child in Nigeria
She noted that the gesture is consistent with the present administration of governor Bello Matawalle in the fight against rape and other violent crimes against women in Zamfara state.
Aisha Bello Matawalle urges the beneficiaries to make judicious use of the grant to attain a better future.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems