Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has asked Nigerians to support the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to lead the country in 2023.
Saraki, who made the appeal while inaugurating some projects and programmes executed by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa said there are still remnant of PDP faithful who have capacity and integrity like Okowa.
He said Nigeria is currently in bad shape, with alarming cases of insecurity and economic challenges and therefore, urged the people to give PDP another chance to make the difference.
“It gives me great pleasure to be here and to be part of this inauguration. For four years in the Senate we sat next to each other and I worked very closely with you when we passed the National Health Bill; I am very pleased with your performance here in Delta.
“It is on record that in our party, anytime we have difficult assignments we come to you because of your competence, integrity and commitment to duty.
“Our country is passing through some difficulties and I appeal to Nigerians to give PDP the chance again to lead Nigeria and you will see the difference.
“Your administration’s commitment to the growth and development of Asaba capital city is laudable and commendable,” Saraki said.
He added that the future of Nigeria would depend on infrastructure as being provided in Delta, adding, “We are proud of what we as PDP government is doing here in Delta.”
Among the projects are DLA Road, adjoining streets Government Primary School, Junior Staff Quarters, all in Asaba.
- Just In: Army arrests 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Kano
- Miyetti Allah Chairman regains freedom
- For Eid-el-Fitr, Buhari plans modest celebration within Aso Rock
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money