Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Jigawa State Hishah Police has intercepted a 25-litre jerry can of local beer (burukutu) in Kazaure.
The Hisbah Commander, Ibrahim Dahiru, said the command also intercepted 364 bottles of alcoholic drinks.
Mr. Dahiru disclosed that Hisbah operatives uncovered the drinks conveyed in a Toyota Corona vehicle.
He explained that the vehicle was intercepted at about 9:00 am, on March 17, after receiving an intelligence report.
Mr. Dahiru added that the command recently destroyed 2,875 bottles of beer and four gallons of 25-litre burukutu seized during a different raid carried out on beer parlours.
The commander said the Hisbah board destroyed the drinks after it secured an order from a court.
According to Mr. Dahiru, the Jigawa government prohibits the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
He, therefore, appealed to the public to support the command with vital information to enable it to carry out its duty effectively.
Mr. Dahiru also advised residents to desist from engaging in immoral acts capable of destroying society.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t