Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kaduna government has Tuesday, ordered the closure of all public and private schools in Kajuru Local Government Area of the state.
A memo was released to this effect by the zonal education office, Sabon Tasha according to the memo, dated March 16, was addressed to all principals of public and private schools.
It directed that the schools should close due to the prevailing security situation in the area.
Bandits have abducted scores, mostly students and teachers within the last week, on Monday, Teachers were abducted from primary school in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of the state.
The Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs in the state, Samuel Aruwan, had disclosed.
While the military successfully thwarted the attacks on the Turkish International Secondary School and Government Science Secondary School in Ikara, bandits kidnapped some students of the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation in Afaka.
The school came under attack very early last week Friday, not long after bandits attempted to attack the Turkish school.
Aauthorities in Kaduna say 39 students, comprising 23 female and 16 male students were still missing.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds