Estimated Reading Time: 1
Alleged Kidnap kingpin, Iskilu Wakili has been ordered to be remanded in a correctional facility by an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court, Ibadan
The court issued the order in a sitting on Tuesday after the police charged Wakili alongside his sons Abu, 45; and Samaila, 27; as well as Aliyu Manu, 20; with six counts bordering on conspiracy, murder, kidnapping and armed robbery.
The Chief Magistrate, Emmanuel Idowu did not grant the plea of the suspects and remanded them in Abolongo Correctional facility in Oyo State.
Idowu ordered the police to return the case file to the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecution.
He adjourned the matter until May 17, for mention.
Wakili was arrested by a joint team of Ibarapa security operatives, including the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), members of vigilance group and other groups, on Sunday, March 7 after a gun exchange.
He was described as a notorious warlord terrorising Ibarapa Zone of Oyo State and responsible for land grabbing among other criminal acts.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t