Estimated Reading Time: 1
A lecturer in the Department of Business Management at Covenant University, Ogun State, Dr. Stephen Ukenna has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly raping a 17-year-old student of the instituton.
The police arrested the 41-year-old after the parents of the victim lodged a complaint at the Ota Area command.
The parents reported to the police that their daughter informed them over the phone that the lecturer raped her.
She said the lecturer invited her to his office under the pretence of a surprise birthday party for her by her friend.
Upon entering his office, the lecturer locked the door and forced himself on her on the table of his office.
Announcing the case, the spokesperson of the Ogun State Command, Abimbola Oyeyemi said upon receipt of the report, the Area Commander Ota, Acp Muyideen Obe swiftly deployed his team to the school where the lecturer was promptly arrested.
“On interrogation, the suspect admitted having carnal knowledge of the victim, but was unable to give any reason for his action,” the police publicist quoted him to have said.
He added that the Commissioner of Police, Edward Awolowo Ajogun directed the immediate transfer of the lecturer to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, for further investigation.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems