Estimated Reading Time: 1
Terrorists have abducted pupils and teachers from UBE Primary School in Rama, a village in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Kaduna Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, who confirmed the incident, said they are still obtaining details on the actual number of pupils and teachers reported to have been kidnapped.
“The Kaduna State Government is receiving security reports of kidnapping of some pupils and teachers in a primary school located in Rema, Birnin Gwari local government area.
“According to preliminary reports, the incident occurred at an LEA Primary School in the LGA,” he said.
Daily Trust reports that the incident happened around 9am while the pupils resumed in the school on Monday.
A resident of the community identified as Abdulsalam Adam said the gunmen stormed the school with about 12 motorcycles.
“I have been told that three teachers and some pupils have been abducted but we are trying to ascertain the true situation. Right now, our vigilante boys and other volunteers have gone after the bandits,” he said.
“We are in the school right now, what we are trying to do is comb the bushes because some of the children ran into the bush. So, we don’t know how many were abducted at the moment.”
Mai Saje Rama, another resident, said: “There is a particular parent whose name is Halilu. He said he saw them carry his son on a motorcycle. Most of them decided to brave it by going after the bandits. We are in the school and we have sent for security agents but they have not arrived yet.”
Mohammadu Birnin Gwari, a resident of Birnin Gwari, said two of his brothers were among the teachers abducted.
He gave their names as Umar Hassan and Rabiu Salisu Takau.
- ‘476 Online publications created to fight the Government have been uncovered’ – Lai Mohammed claims
- NDLEA expresses worry over marijuana-laced cakes as lawmaker makes a case for legalization
- Breaking: Again, Buhari seeks new N2.342tr external loan
- Osogbo youths protest EFFC raids and alleged harassment
- Dubawa inducts 26 fact-checkers for 2021 West Africa-wide fellowship
- Governor El-Rufai declares NLC President Wabba wanted
- Kaduna Governor curses rights activist, Chidi Odinkalu
- Police rescue kidnapped UNIJOS professor, husband
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association