Estimated Reading Time: 1
Police operatives in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, have shot dead two suspected kidnappers in Anguwar Hausawa, Naharati community in Abaji Area Council, Abuja.
The kidnappers were killed during an exchange of gunfire with the police and members of the vigilante group guarding the area.
A resident, simply identified as Suleiman, to Daily Trust that around 1am on Sunday, gunmen in their large numbers swooped on some houses in Anguwar Hausawa.
He said before the arrival of security operatives, the gunmen had broken into some houses and whisked away four persons.
The persons kidnapped were identified as Abdullahi Umar, Abdulkarim Yusuf, Abubakar Umar and 13 year -old Abdulrahman Isah.
“They started shooting sporadically into the air to scare residents after they kidnapped four people,” he said.
The chairman of the council, Alhaji Abdulrahman Ajiya, confirmed the abduction of the residents and killing of two kidnappers.
When contacted, the spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Maryam Yusuf, confirmed the abduction and killing of two kidnappers.
She said the police repelled the attack, narrating that the kidnappers, who sustained gunshot injuries, died while being taken to the hospital.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds