Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have attacked the Safer Highways base of the Nigerian Police in Nabordo, Toro Local Government Area, killing two persons.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Ahmed Wakili, confirmed the incident to Channels Television on Sunday via a telephone interview.
He said the attack was carried out on Saturday night on men of the safer highways who patrol Bauchi-Jos road.
Following the attack, a policeman identified as Inspector Muktar Ibrahim was shot dead and a civilian also identified as the son of the Ward Head of Nabordo, Uba Sama’ila, who had gone to visit the inspector was also killed in the attack.
The police spokesman confirmed that another civilian was also hit by a stray bullet and he is currently receiving treatment and recuperating.
- NLC vows to shut down Kaduna over workers sack
- President Buhari has departed Abuja for Paris, France
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states