Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole is about to defect to the ruling All Progressives Congress APC following his meeting on Friday with the Chairman, Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee CECPC of the APC, Gov. Mai Mala Buni and governor of Jigawa State, Mohammed Badaru.
Director-General, Press and Media Affairs to the Yobe state governor, Mamman Mohammed disclosed this in a statement issued Friday in Abuja.
He said the governor had hosted Bankole and Badaru and discussed a wide range of political issues including the movement of the former Speaker and his supporters into the party.
“It is evident that APC’s opportunities in Ogun state is growing and widening. It would be recalled that former Governor of Ogun state, Otumba Gbenga Daniel who was also former Director-General of PDP’s Atiku Abubakar Presidential campaign organization has recently joined the party”, Mamman stated.
Recall that in January, the former speaker got married Aisha Atiku Bagudu in what political watchers have described as an alliance by marriage.
Aisha is the daughter of the Kebbi state governor and chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governors forum, Atiku Bagudu.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t